CHAIR FOR THE STUDY OF
MARRIAGE & SPIRITUALITY
The aim of Chair for the Study of Marriage & Spirituality is to carry out academic research and teaching on marriage, families, and related issues, in the context of the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Catholic University Leuven), and in close collaboration with INTAMS, as an independent research institute.
As of 1 January 2023, the co-chairs are:
Thomas Knieps-Port le Roi (*8 March 1961)
- Part-time professor of Theological Ethics, Research Unit Theological and Comparative Ethics, Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies, KU Leuven ; Editor of the INTAMS journal Marriage, Families & Spirituality.
- Research interests: Theology and spirituality of marriage and the family - Sexual, conjugal and family ethics - Lay, marital, family spirituality.
- Recent research projects & publications: https://www.kuleuven.be/wieiswie/en/person/00050346
Johan De Tavernier (*5 January 1957)
- Professor of Theological Ethics, Research Unit Theological and Comparative Ethics, Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies, KU Leuven (emeritus since October 1, 2022) ; Director Ethics@Arenberg, KU Leuven.
- Research interests: Environmental Ethics - Social Ethics - Peace Ethics - Ethics of Development – Christian Ethics.
- Recent research projects & publications: See: https://www.kuleuven.be/wieiswie/en/person/00012343